This Module focuses on two current issues:
- The need to improve the engagement of colleges with employers (improving relevance of provision, progression to work, and diversifying sources of income); and
- Financial health of colleges and practical leadership strategies to address poor financial health.
By the end of the Module, participants will be able to:
- articulate the benefits of improving engagement with employers.
- explore key strategies used elsewhere in the sector to rapidly address gaps in employer engagement.
- apply the principles of customer relationship management (CRM) and understand its importance in improving responsiveness to employers.
- share ideas and strategies relating to improving employer engagement from other participants in the Module group; and
- discuss the key factors affecting efficiency in college operations, and the role of effective resource management in creating a financially-sustainable college.
Deloitte – A Guide to Investing in Wales – Key Sectors (English only)
An Overview of Vocational Sectors (English only)
Power Up - the UK Workplace (external link)
Opportunities created by cross-border collaboration (external link)