The Standards contained within this guidance aim to support schools and LAs in identifying assessing and providing for more able and talented pupils as part of a whole school improvement agenda.
There are a number of quality standards. These are:
- a whole school strategy, including an action plan, to support more able and talented pupils
- identification strategies and criteria
- a target for improvement of the school’s provision and the performance of more able and talented pupils
- the school uses a range of learning styles, teaching approaches and organisational strategies to meet the needs of the pupils
- regular reviews to identify underachievement and support individual pupils
- a commitment to improve the skills of all staff in the school to meet the needs of more able and talented pupils
- the school has programmes to support exceptionally able pupils
- the school has a range of appropriate resources including ICT
- Llistening to and taking account of the views of more able and talented young people and encouraging them to take responsibility for their own learning.