In this topic you will develop the critical and evaluative skills needed to improve current literacy learning and teaching in your educational setting. The topic is designed for practitioners who wish to 'lead on change' at a personal or wider level. The materials can be tailored to suit an individual approach or effecting change at a whole-school level.
You will be supported in developing the skills to 'lead on change' by:
- engaging with introductory materials
- designing a critical audit tool for assessing current practice and priorities
- using a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis to identify key actions
- completing an action/implementation plan.
- to consider the implementation of change in the learning environment
- to consider how change influences professional experiences.