Key points from this section include the following.
- The Welsh Government has initiated a new model of professional learning for Wales which emphasises the role of teachers in promoting learning and achievement.
- As practitioners aiming for the very best learning and achievement for our learners, we need to examine, and learn from, best practice in Wales and throughout the world.
- As a starting point for a professional learning journey, practitioners need to reflect thoroughly and honestly on their current practice.
- Estyn (2014) Creating a learning culture [Accessed: 13.9.14]
- OECD (2014) Improving Schools in Wales: An OECD Perspective [Accessed 23.9.14]
- Welsh Government (2012) Learning Wales: Professional Standards. [Accessed: 23.9.4]
- Welsh Government (2014) National model for regional working [Accessed: 23.10.14]
- Welsh Government (2014) New deal to support and raise the status of the education workforce in Wales [Accessed: 15.9.14]
- Welsh Government (2014) Qualified for life: An education improvement plan for 3 to 19 year olds in Wales [Accessed: 25.10.14]
- Welsh Government (2014) School development plans [Accessed: 2.11.14]