This topic has considered the statutory and regulatory frameworks that are relevant to special educational needs in Wales. A series of reflective questions allowed for critical consideration of key issues and readers were provided with current information regarding statutory reform.
- England: DfE (2013) Increasing options and improving provision for children with special educational needs.
- Equality and Human Rights Commission (2013) Reasonable adjustments for disabled pupils.
- Estyn (2011) Review of Disability Equality Schemes and practice in schools and pupil referral units.
- Every School a Good School - The Way forward for Special Educational Needs and Inclusion and the associated Equality Impact Assessment (2012). Accessed 21/11/13.
- Increasing options and improving provision for children with special educational needs. Accessed 21/11/13.
- Malin, N. (1995) Services for People with learning Disabilities London: Routledge.
- Northern Ireland: DE (2012) Summary Report of Responses to the Consultation of Every School a Good School – the Way Forward for Special Educational Needs and Inclusion and the associated Equality Impact Assessment.
- Parliament UK ( nd) The 1870 Education Act.
- Simmons, H.G. (1978) Explaining Social policy: The English Mental Deficiency Act of 1913. Journal of Social History. pp 387-403. Vol 11, No 3 Spring 1978.
- The Good Schools Guide (2013) SEN and Scottish Law.
- UNESCO (2004) The Salamanca Statement and Framework for Action on Special Educational Needs.
- Wales: Equality and Diversity (2011) The Equality Act 2010.
- Wales : DCELLS (2008) School Effectiveness Framework.
- Warnock, M. (1978) SEN Report to the Committee of Enquiry of Handicapped Children and Young People. London: HMSO [.pdf].