The guidance supplements the guidance in Safeguarding children: Working together under the Children Act 2004 by setting out the infrastructure and arrangements that need to be in place to ensure that people in the education service have the skills, means and training necessary to ensure children and young people are protected from harm.
It has also been restructured and includes:
- the framework for safeguarding in Wales – statutory duties, guidance and safeguarding structures
- safeguarding roles and responsibilities in the education service
- responding to individual safeguarding concerns within the education service
- safeguarding responsibilities in specific circumstances
- safer recruitment practice
- the Disclosure and Barring Service.