- consent to administer the emergency AAI
- considerations for learners with allergies
- maintaining an up to date register of pupils at risk of anaphylaxis
- responding to allergy and anaphylaxis symptoms
- storage, care and disposal of the emergency AAI
- suggested information for schools to share with parents/carers.
In response to the current disruption to the supply of EpiPen® adrenaline auto-injectors (AAIs), advice from the Department of Health and Social Care is being frequently updated. We advise that nurseries, schools and pupil referral units should not automatically dispose of their existing emergency AAIs when reaching their expiry date, but look to replace them and seek advice from their pharmacy in case they can still be used. (November 2018).